We’re Simply Business, one of the UK’s largest business insurance and landlord insurance providers. We make buying insurance as simple as possible for our customers, introducing the choice and value that we think they deserve.
We do this through technology, fast and supportive customer service, and by harnessing the power of data. And part of our mission is to enable big dreams – not just for our customers, but for our people and communities, too. So, who are we looking for?
We’re looking for an Engineering Lead to join the Engineering team in London.
At a glance, here’s what you’ll be doing:
– developing customer focused products in a culture which champions Agile, cross functional teams and continuous collaboration
A diverse group of customers and employees
Since we started life in 2005, we’ve helped over three million small businesses, self-employed people and landlords find the protection that’s right for them, from builders to bakers and personal trainers.
Our employees are a diverse bunch, too, and we have over 700 employees across three offices in the UK and the US. If you think this sounds like the place and job for you, here’s some more about what you’ll be doing.
As an Engineering Lead you will:
– being hands-on with code when developing our products using best practices, appropriate tools and technologies
– leading a small project team of engineers
– working with small cross functional collaborative teams to drive out requirements, highlight risks and prioritise stories
– working with team members to identify areas for learning and helping them grow in these areas via project work, external learning, or additional mentoring
– championing Agile methodologies while creating amazingly useful systems in a collaborative way for our customers
– highlighting areas for continuous improvement and driving their prioritisation
– being proactive in suggesting new tools, technologies and ways of working
More about who we’re looking for:
– experience of leading a small team of engineers
– strong programming skills in an object-oriented programming (OOP) language such as Java, Python, Ruby, etc
– the ability to challenge us – we love people who come in and challenge us and aren’t afraid to raise questions and help us improve
– strong communication and collaborative skills and strong desire to liaise closely with business teams
– an advocate of engineering best practices
What are the benefits?
- private medical insurance
- an extra day off if you get married or move house
- an employer-matched pension
- flexible reward scheme, allowing you to pick what’s important to you; from extra holiday to gym members
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion
Simply Business is, and always will be, committed to diversity and inclusion. We aim to foster an empowering and equal working environment, identifying the best possible talent from all backgrounds. What’s more, we encourage all of our employees to bring their authentic selves to work.
A brief update on Covid-19 (coronavirus)
Simply Business is well prepared to deal with unprecedented events. We’re an agile business by nature – and our hiring and interview process is no exception. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, some parts of our hiring process may take a little longer than usual. Please bear with us, and rest assured that we’re happy to hear from you and receive your application.
If it looks like you could be a good fit for the role, we’ll ask you to interview on Zoom – you’ll need WiFi and a laptop, or a 4G-enabled smartphone.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.