We’re Simply Business, one of the UK’s largest business insurance and landlord insurance providers. We make buying insurance as simple as possible for our customers, introducing the choice and value that we think they deserve.
We do this through technology, fast and supportive customer service, and by harnessing the power of data. And part of our mission is to enable big dreams – not just for our customers, but for our people and communities, too. So, who are we looking for?
We’re looking for an Insight Analyst to join the Data & Analytics team in London.
At a glance, here’s what you’ll be doing:
– help us understand how to improve our customer experience, optimise our operations and marketing activities, and grow our customer base.
This is a fantastic opportunity to help drive our business forward by leveraging our cutting edge data platform and tech stack, engaging with our product and marketing teams, collaborating with our data engineers and data science team, and putting your analytical skills to use in the context of a data-hungry and agile organisation.
A diverse group of customers and employees
Since we started life in 2005, we’ve helped over three million small businesses, self-employed people and landlords find the protection that’s right for them, from builders to bakers and personal trainers.
Our employees are a diverse bunch, too, and we have over 700 employees across three offices in the UK and the US. If you think this sounds like the place and job for you, here’s some more about what you’ll be doing.
As an Insight Analyst you will:
– drive growth in the business by empowering product teams to achieve their acquisition, conversion, and retention objectives
– uncover and deliver insight utilising data science and machine learning techniques, data mining, statistical analysis, and visualisation
– identify and clearly present actionable recommendations to stakeholders; propose new ideas to achieve better outcomes
– build and nurture positive relationships with business stakeholders by understanding their problem-space
– identify areas of opportunity by taking a holistic view of our customer and marketing data and challenging existing processes
– promote the output and capabilities of the analysis team across the business to help foster a company-wide data driven culture
More about who we’re looking for:
– presenting analysis and recommendations to both senior and tactical stakeholders, and driving action to achieve results
– supporting product discovery, research, and experimentation
– capture requirements and collaborate across our data engineers and product teams to evolve our data sets and data pipelines
– identifying new data sources or proposing new ways to add value using existing data sources
– build dashboards and self-service query tools and train colleagues to use them
– assist in the delivery of externally facing commercial data products
Experience with some of the following:
– relational databases (SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, RedShift, BigQuery, Vertica etc)
– statistical testing and data science techniques
– web analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics, Snowplow, KISSmetrics, Segment, New Relic)
– programming languages (Python, MatLab, R)
– data visualisation / BI technologies (e.g. Looker, Tableau, QlikView, Pentaho, Business Objects, Cognos)
What are the benefits?
- private medical insurance
- an extra day off if you get married or move house
- an employer-matched pension
- flexible reward scheme, allowing you to pick what’s important to you; from extra holiday to gym members
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion
Simply Business is, and always will be, committed to diversity and inclusion. We aim to foster an empowering and equal working environment, identifying the best possible talent from all backgrounds. What’s more, we encourage all of our employees to bring their authentic selves to work.
A brief update on Covid-19 (coronavirus)
Simply Business is well prepared to deal with unprecedented events. We’re an agile business by nature – and our hiring and interview process is no exception. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, some parts of our hiring process may take a little longer than usual. Please bear with us, and rest assured that we’re happy to hear from you and receive your application.
If it looks like you could be a good fit for the role, we’ll ask you to interview on Zoom – you’ll need WiFi and a laptop, or a 4G-enabled smartphone.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.