Say goodbye to half-day planning meetings, merge conflicts, deploys that take days, and weeks of bug fixing ahead of big-bang releases. Say hello to writing your code and automated tests, deploying multiple times a day, having impact making happy customers, and moving on to the next thing. All while working with bright, committed colleagues in a collaborative environment where everyone is free to contribute to how we evolve our distributed, scalable solutions.
You can work from our Edinburgh, UK office or remotely within the UK and will report to the Senior Manager, Engineering.
- Work on all areas of the workflows service: back end, infrastructure and test automation, as a DevOps / T-shaped engineer.
- Deploy service and infrastructure changes frequently in a lean agile environment toward full CI/CD.
- Contribute in all aspects of product development: idea generation, customer engagement, planning, design, prototyping, execution, shipping, and operational excellence.
- Collaborate with a team of passionate, engaged engineers, and with cross-functional teams that include product managers, designers, UX researchers, and more. Together, you’ll build solutions for customers that unlock dynamic work.
- Actively mentor more junior engineers, showing how to balance customer delivery while holding high coding, service, and cloud infrastructure standards.
- Apply different approaches to problem solving and help validate your ideas and those of your teammates.
- Help define success for yourself, your team, and the features you help to conceive, build, and ship.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Proficient with at least one of the following: Golang, Java, C or a C-style language
- Familiar with algorithms, data structures, and coding best practices.
- Curious, and always want to get to the bottom of why things work the way they do.
- A supportive leader and future team lead. You want to help people get unstuck, and can easily recognise that teams are more effective when colleagues look for opportunities to help one another.
- A great communicator. You can break a concept down based on your audience – whether they’re technical or non-technical – and your medium – whether it’s verbal, in prose, or in code.
- A builder who takes pride in your craft and works toward quality.
- An empathic individual who can help translate customer feedback and needs into features that solve problems.
- Someone who views bugs, mistakes, and compiler errors as opportunities to learn.
Perks & Benefits:
- Employer-paid Private Medical and Dental, additional cost for family members
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- Monthly contributions toward your pension
- 25 days paid for Holiday + 8 Bank Holidays
- 12 weeks fully paid Paternity/Adoption Leave
- 20 weeks fully paid Maternity Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses.
- Company Funded Perks including a counseling membership, salary sacrifice options, commuter discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account.
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the UK (role specific)
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.