lbgcareers Lloyds Banking Group
Software Engineer – Edinburgh
Salary & Benefits: £52,912 – £85,982 per annum (depending on experience), plus annual personal bonus, 15% employer pension contribution (when you put in 6%), 4% flexible cash pot, private medical insurance, 30 days holiday plus bank holidays.
About the role and where it sits:
We’re looking to recruit a Senior Software Engineer to work in our International & High Value Payments Lab providing payment options for all of our customers. Specifically to support our new industry-leading International Payments Platform (IPP) as part of a multi-year £3bn investment in our people and systems. Our strategic roadmap includes a Payments Industry product called Global Payments Plus (GPP). This product is being used to deliver key revenue streams as well as enable mandatory compliance. Detailed SWIFT and GPP knowledge would be extremely advantageous for this role.
We believe that people don’t fit neatly into roles, and we value everyone’s individual skills, experience, and knowledge – it’s what makes you awesome!
What follows is what you might find our Software Engineer mostly doing, but your experience will flex depending on the team’s needs, and your own aspirations. Our objective is to grow and create an environment where you can do what you enjoy.
Here’s how you’ll make a difference:
- You’ll engineer a key platform in the Payments application stack supporting approximately £200 billion of customer BACS, Chaps and International transactions every day.
- You’ll have ownership for the solution quality being deployed into the Production Estate, seeking methods (tooling / reviews) to ensure high standards are maintained in line with expectations for High Availability, Group Critical solutions.
- Working in a hands-on technical role, you’ll support the Lead Software Engineer to build, develop and nurture a highly productive software engineering team instilled with the ethos of delivering high quality solutions.
What we need from you:
- You’ll be a Software Engineer with extensive International SWIFT and Payments experience with previous knowledge of integrating, introducing, and supporting 3rd Party packages, including bespoke solution configuration and rules-based engineering into a Payments production environment.
- Adept solutions designer and problem solver.
- You’ll have a well-developed communication kit bag and be able to adapt communication style depending on the unique needs of different audiences.
- A thirst for building your skills as well as mentoring colleagues to maximise their potential by providing guidance and direction on the GPP product and it’s use in LBG.
- Proven experience using these technologies would be advantageous:
- Java EE (J2 EE)
- Experience in use of Agile and DevOps tooling is essential.
What’s in it for you?
Join us and be part of an inclusive, values-led culture that celebrates diversity, equal opportunity and provides opportunities for flexible working.
Whatever your aspirations, you can expect excellent benefits, personal development, and a career that’s enriching and full of opportunity.
In PECP, we promote an inclusive and diverse environment – it is one of the many things our colleagues love about working with us! As part of this we encourage colleagues to be flexible in their ways of working – including where and when you work – so you can balance your personal commitments with the needs of the business.
We’d also like to reassure applicants that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
So, are you looking for a rewarding, exciting and stretching role in which you can contribute to our purpose of helping Britain prosper and make a difference to customers, businesses, and communities?
Apply today and join our inclusive, purpose-led team that celebrates diversity…!
We’re currently moving to a hybrid way of working. Colleagues will still be working from home and will travel into the office when it improves the outcome, therefore it is preferable that colleagues live within commuting distance to this office.
To apply for this job please visit www.aplitrak.com.