Location: London/hybrid (Course Delivered Virtually)
Hours: Full Time (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm)
Contract type: 6 months fixed contract
Salary: £30K (DOE)
Coding Black Females
Coding Black Females was established in 2017 to address the underrepresentation of black women in tech. We are a non profit organisation with the aim to grow and inspire the community of black female developers. We are the largest network of black female developers in the UK.
Our mission is to grow the community of black women in software development and technical roles, from entry level to executive level. We will remove the barriers to enter the industry and progress within roles.
Our main aims are:
- Build the community by removing barriers, showcasing talent and making our role models visible
- Provide opportunities for our community to learn new skills, and share their skills with other people in the community
- Support the community through mentoring, providing a safe space for discussions and development
Coding Black Females deliver technical bootcamps ranging from 6 weeks to 30 weeks, we are looking for an instructor to teach on one or many technical bootcamps from start to finish to ensure their successful delivery.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Technical Trainer to educate people in the Full Stack Development, DevOps, Cloud and Technical Architecture field. You will develop and adapt technical training programs and help others develop skills to enable them to gain new or more senior employment in the tech industry.
Technical trainers must be knowledgeable in their field of expertise and possess solid technical aptitude. We are open to meeting candidates who would like to develop their skills in relevant technologies. Additionally, we expect you to be an excellent communicator, able to explain complex subjects in a clear and interesting way.
The goal is to be a key person involved in the delivery of our technical training programmes enabling our members to gain new technical skills.
The majority of the course material is provided, and there may be a need to create workshop content, particularly in Elastic Search.
Responsibilities and Expectations
This is a varied role and you will need to be flexible and willing to take on a range of tasks.
- Utilise existing course material and Coding Black Females systems to achieve lesson objectives, prepare and support sessions. Typically we use Google Docs, Zoom and an LMS
- Review existing curriculum ahead of sessions and prepare to support students requirements and needs
- Update course Instructor when necessary with student progress, issues and concerns
- Support training sessions, webinars, workshops etc. in groups or individually
- Support the observation and evaluation of the training program by providing feedback
- Help Coding Black Females to determine the overall effectiveness of the program and make improvements through regular feedback
We are looking for people who have working experience or comfortable teaching (or able to learn) in the following areas:
- Agile Development
- Full Stack Development
- React and Node
- SQL and NoSQL Databases with a focus on MongoDB
- DevOps and Automation
- Cloud Services (AWS, Containers, Clusters)
- Technical / Software Architecture
- Elastic Search
- Experience as a technical trainer or as a senior developer offering mentorship to people in more junior positions
- Must be able to develop students to a more senior level
- Knowledge of modern training techniques and tools in technical subjects
- Experience in designing technical course material
- Ability to address training needs with complete courses
- Outstanding communication skills and comfortable speaking to crowds
- Excellent organizational and time-management abilities
- Working experience as a software developer or technical architect
- Playing a key role in the future direction and growth of Coding Black Females.
- Being the first to know about events, opportunities and initiatives occurring within the CBF community.
- Working alongside a friendly, and passionate team.
- Access to Discounts and Perks platform
- 25 Days holiday
To apply for this job please visit airtable.com.