We are a leading global technology consultancy.
Are you in your element when data is at your fingertips? Do you want to work closely with curious & passionate technologists to translate that into real world value?
Thoughtworks is a global software company and community of passionate, purpose-led individuals. We think disruptively to deliver technology to address our clients’ toughest challenges, all while seeking to revolutionise the IT industry and create positive social change.
As a world-renowned pioneer of software innovation, we work with courageous executives who have ambitious missions. With specialists working across Financial Services, Retail, Public Sector and others we are the technology partner of choice for organisations who are looking to make big changes and disrupt their industries.
We are now looking for a Lead Data Scientist.
As a Lead Data Scientist, here’s what you can do at Thoughtworks:
- Create advanced analytics models using statistical and machine learning methods
- Work with software engineering and product teams to create intelligent products using machine learning and AI
- Interact with clients in a variety of domains, who have a spectrum of complex problems
- Use data visualisations and storytelling to communicate effectively
- Apply a Lean/Agile delivery process to the evolutionary creation of value from data
- Represent Thoughtworks and Data community in various online and offline forums (events, conferences)
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, transparent, non-hierarchical, and ego-free culture where your talent is valued over a role title
- Develop your career outside of the confinements of a traditional career path by focusing on what you’re passionate about rather than a predetermined one-size-fits-all plan
Here is what you will bring:
- Deep Data Science and analytics experience with a high number of those spent in commercial organisations
- Depth of knowledge in advanced analytics methods such as Support Vector Machines, Bayesian Inference, Markov Chain, Monte Carlo simulations, and more
- Breadth of knowledge across statistical methods, machine learning, and AI algorithms
- Ability to select the appropriate analytical techniques based on the characteristics of a problem
- Programming skills in languages like Python or R
- Familiarity with clean code and testing techniques
- Familiarity with large scale data processing tools like Hadoop and Spark
- Strong algorithmic problem-solving skills
- Ability to design effective experiments in business and social environments
- Understand how to harvest complex data from a variety of sources
- Consultative skills and the ability to communicate complicated technical and analytical information to nontechnical audiences
- Other desirable skills include: relational databases, NoSQL and data streaming technologies, knowledge and experience in software engineering along with research experience
We proudly, passionately and actively strive to make both Thoughtworks and our industry more representative of the communities we serve. We promote diversity in all its forms and reject discrimination and inequality.
Our diversity and award winning culture inspires our thought leaders and serves to nurture and develop amazing ideas. We believe this makes us a world leading destination of choice for all technologists.
We’re also passionate about delivering quality by ensuring the most valuable use of our talents and experience. We aim to support different working patterns to ensure a diverse collective of people can call Thoughtworks their home so if you’re looking to work with high profile clients, delivering digital transformation and innovation, get in touch and chat to us about working flexibly!
To apply for this job please visit www.thoughtworks.com.