Website Troo Co.
Ethical Social Media
Troo Co. is an early stage startup seeking to reinvent social media and the use of data in general with an ethical foundation based on privacy, security, and user choice and empowerment. We currently have a diverse team of 10 located on four continents.
We are building an integrated social media and data storage platform which is ad-free, and free from bullying and trolling, fake news and misinformation, and has strong privacy and security at its core. Our platform will make it easy for members to make and maintain more meaningful connections, and will empower them to express themselves more freely and fully while learning and growing through dialogue and discourse in a safe community.
Our company mission is to connect, empower, and heal the world. As a mobile engineer, you’ll play a critical role in bringing our mission to the public, as you’ll be part of the team building one of our main interfaces with the community, our mobile app.
Working at Troo Co., you’ll be in a position to make an impact every day, but on your terms. We have a few team meetings, but most of your schedule will be flexible, and part-time to begin with.
This is a great opportunity to get into an early stage startup with huge potential for growth. You will receive equity in the company in the form of stock options, and later in 2021 when we raise capital and begin to bring in revenue, you will be converted to a salaried employee with benefits, dependent on performance. While it is our top priority to convert all of our contractors to salaried employees as soon as possible, we cannot commit to a date, as it will depend on our launch date and the success of our fundraising efforts.
The Mobile Engineer (Intern) should have these skills, or be willing to learn them quickly:
- REST APIs
- Problem solving
In your first 6 months, you’ll:
- Help build our MVP mobile app using Flutter
- Supplement as necessary on certain features with native code (Kotlin & Swift)
- Work closely with our UX designer to refine the design and interface
- Work closely with our UX researchers to integrate suggestions and improvements
- Work closely with the rest of our engineering team to make sure the mobile apps are connecting and integrating seamlessly with our backend
- Attend all product meetings and have a voice in all product matters, including the direction of the app and its features
Like the rest of the Troo Co. team, you’ll benefit from:
- Equity in the form of stock options
- Part-time, with flexible hours
- Work within a passionate team dedicated to making the world a better and safer place for everyone
Thank you for your interest in Troo Co. You can read more about us here.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.