At Zoopla we want to help everyone make intelligent home buying decisions. We are building a team that will have the once in a career opportunity to re-imagine our industry.
We’re looking for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer who can blend of pragmatic operations and software crafts, while applying sound engineering principles, operational discipline, and mature automation, in order to help our software engineering organisation create scalable and highly reliable software systems.
- We’re serious about tech but we don’t take ourselves too seriously.
- We are spiritually agile, not religiously agile.
- We strongly believe in the value of good design. We believe it is a primary differentiator in an increasingly crowded marketplace.
- We believe in the value of data. We run a team that is data informed. We think being data-driven is soulless and dangerous. Clean, confident, clear data combined with the insights of the team is what drives our decisions.
- We want to build small, collaborative, cross-functional teams that push each other to create elegant, simple solutions to difficult customer problems.
- No matter what the role we want everyone to be obsessed with getting inside the minds of our customers
How do you know we’re the best place for you?
- You strive to set the standard and are always looking to raise the bar and want to be surrounded by others who do so as well
- You enjoy knowing your customer
- You want to build things together, collaboratively with your team
- You want to own it; to have ownership and accountability for the outcomes of your effort
- You value sharing and committing to discussions and debates with your teammates
- And if you want to come help us re-imagine an industry
- You will be responsible for building highly fault-tolerant, secure, and scalable applications for Zoopla’s software engineering community.
- Experience in building and deploying applications on the Cloud, using CI/CD frameworks and Infrastructure automation, such as Terraform, Serverless Framework, and GitLab CI
- Hands-on experience with AWS is essential, along with strong experience in designing and implementing systems aligned to the AWS Well-Architected Framework
- You appreciate simplicity over complexity and understand when to navigate between both.
- A strong passion for cloud technologies, always keeping up to date with the latest developments and best practices.
- You will have strong experience building immutable and idempotent infrastructure and have experience in building microservices using container-based or serverless based patterns e.g ECS, EKS, Lambda, SQS, SNS
- You will have strong system administration skills and deep experience with running .Net applications on Windows or Linux operating systems
- You will ideally be from a Software Engineering background and have experience in software design patterns and how that can be applied to infrastructure
- Strong knowledge in designing and implementing logging/tracing/monitoring solutions using open source technologies and or SaaS-based providers e.g DataDog.
- Working with stakeholders to define SLI’s, SLO’s and error budgets
- Extensive experience in designing and implementing new cloud architectures patterns
- Importantly, if you’re looking for a senior role with us, you will have achieved many of the things above while also teaching others, influencing your team and organisation, and maybe even sharing your journey and knowledge publicly.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.